The PowerPro 164Si is clearly a great choice for the person needing a modestly powered welding package that offers a little bit of everything. It is perfectly suited for the home garage, small fabrication facility or portable repair business. The all new digital IGBT inverter design features 120/240V input for true go anywhere performance. Digital control has improved operation and reliability over the previous PowerPro 164 models while increasing precision of adjustments. If you need true portability for on-the-site welding and cutting or occasional light fabrication chores, the PowerPro 164Si is well equipped to handle your needs, with TIG, Stick and Plasma cutting features. The TIG mode also features full adjustability of the AC output with AC frequency and AC balance controls to offer the maximum quality weld. When you add the simple 2 speed TIG pulse feature, this unit gives you plenty of capability. At the power level this unit puts out, it's able to weld up to 3/16" aluminum and 1/4" steel in a single pass in TIG mode, and handle many common 1/8" stick electrodes. The stick feature offers stick welding power up to 130 amps, enough power for general duty welding up to 1/8" electrodes when TIG welding just isn't possible, and where TIG isn't the best solution. The 40 amp plasma is good for regularly cutting metal up to 3/8" thick with severance capability up to 5/8" thick. This unit also features a generous 60% duty cycle in TIG mode at full power, so there's more welding being done than sitting around waiting for the unit to recover.
- Dual Voltage design allows the unit to be used where 120V or 240V voltage is present.
- AC and DC output welds any metal, including aluminum and magnesium.
- Simple 2 position pulse allows you to select 1 Hz or 25 Hz for improved weld appearance and arc focus.
- TIG, Stick or Plasma operation combined in one single unit.
- Flip down Visor protects unit's control panel from sparks and dust.
- Home Shop
- Portable Repair
- Maintenance shop
- Automotive Garages
- 17-Series air cooled Everlast TIG torch with DINSE-style connector
- Stick electrode holder with 10 ft cable and DINSE-style connector
- S-45 Blowback style Plasma Torch with DINSE-style connector
- Work clamp with 10ft cable and DINSE-style connector
- Argon Regulator for TIG
- Air Pressure regulator with water trap
- Consumable starter kit
- Foot Pedal
- 9-Series Everlast air-cooled torch with DINSE-style connector
- Rotating Head or FLEX neck TIG torches in various sizes
- Welding cart
TIG single pass capability:
- Steel: 36 gauge-1/4"
- Aluminum: 24 gauge- 3/16"
Stick electrode diameter capability:
Plasma Cutting capability* ( with dry air, new consumables, proper air pressure etc.)
- up to 3/8" daily use @ 15-20 ipm
- up to 1/2" clean cut @ 8-12 ipm
- up to 5/8" severance cut @ 3-5 ipm
*Quality and capacity of cut depends upon consumable orifice size, standoff height, travel speed, etc.
This unit is designed for portable repair and light fabrication chores and is not intended for industrial or production welding.