How to Choose the Best Plasma Cutter-Find Tips Here
Plasma cutters are expensive, but they have dynamic, unique structure that can work with any kind of material. The benefits of using the plasma cutting technology are:
• highly effective in cutting non-iron substances that are not too thick – less than an inch thickness.
• with plasma cutting, the work happens faster and does not require too much controlling operations from the operator.
Plasma cutters work with high velocity, where a jet of ionized gas is targeted onto the test piece. From a small tight opening, electricity is passed from the torch to the test piece through this jet of gas that helps in cutting the piece by melting it away.
Method to select the best plasma cutter
1. Select the right amperage depending on the thickness of the material Plasma cutters sometimes have the limitations like lower current flow which deteriorates the quality of cut. So, while selecting consider the thickness of the material that is cut most frequently. A lower thickness typically should be cut by a machine that is low on amperage and a higher thickness requires a machine with higher amperage.
2. Focus on the cutting speed
It is important to focus on the speed of the operation. Since factories have different requirements, the optimum level of speed should be preferred. This will lead to the enhancement of the amperage value which will automatically promote fine cutting of the metals with the speed.
3. Understand the cost of maintenance and other hidden costs
Please check-out for the hidden costs because cap, shields, electrode etc are required to be changed after use and at regular intervals - if they are not repaired or maintained on timely basis, then there will be increased chances of failure while working with it. These are all hidden costs. So, you need to make sure that there are lesser parts of the machine so that you invest in the best plasma cutter.